Saturday 11 February 2012

DSE212 & SD226 – Progress so far

SD226 is now starting to come together in my mind, I think they are rather cruel with hitting you with the contents of Book 1 to start with as it looks harsh but actually the way in which the other books are written actually give some great examples which really help with getting your head round this stuff.

My progress so far:

SD226:

Book 1 – Read and Highlighted – heavy going and biggest book

Book 2 – Bypassed at this point, mainly because I am pretty good with research methods after having it rammed down my throat in both ED209 and currently in DSE212 (especially as TMA03 is an experimental project)

Book 3 – Chapter 1 & 2 read and highlighted, on to chapter 3 tonight to get it finished.

Book 4 & 5 – Coming to Rome with me for the flights each way, I think I should be able to get at least 1 book complete maybe both (they are getting thinner and at 8.50 Euro a pint in the hotel, I doubt I’ll be drinking too much)

I know this sounds like I am running away with myself on SD226 but it really isn’t the case. I find that by getting all the reading and highlighting out of the way early I can encode enough of it to make it far easier when I read it through again for each TMA and any revision (obviously not SD226 as no exam)

TMA01 – I now have reasonable drafts for Questions 1 & 2. Question 3 perplexed me for a while but consolidation is a wonderful thing and I’ve got my head round the basic. Automatic processing (attention, just done in DSE212), cortex of brain (the wrinkly thing that everyone knows as the brain, sub cortical structures is the bit inside the wrinkly thing. Pretty much like a cell with cell membrane on the outside with smaller bits inside that control it. Bypassing cortex in automatic processing is what the assignment is about so now time to go over the chapter again and break down where the cortex is used in automatic processing and where it isn’t Simplez.

DSE212

TMA03 – Complete and submitted

TMA04 – 902 words written this morning whilst work was quiet, this sounds like quite a feat however I have be mulling it over for days now and it was just a case of putting pen to paper (or in this case, fingers to keyboard) and having a 30 minute ramble which acts like free-association writing to me, I don’t bother with an introduction (this can always be one of the last things written), I just start with something that is salient in my mind and ramble, as I go alaong other things come to mind so I just keep writing. I will leave this alone for a few days then come back to it and re-organise after I have re-read the text associated. I will then create the bottle neck essay, add an intro, conclusion, reference and cite then I will realise that I have gone over the word count and curse myself!!! Welcome to my world of essay writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment