Tuesday 17 January 2012

Things just got nerdier

I haven’t picked up a text book for OU since submitting DSE212 TMA02 but I’m not too worried as I know I can go fits and spatz with it. Sometimes I won’t put it down for weeks and other weeks I don’t bother. I am ahead with DSE212 in terms of the reading but really need to get my head down with DSE212 TMA03 which is a qualitative report and the SPSS training that goes with it.

Work is like a ghost town. The phones went down this time last week due to a server issue and being a phone based company, it tends to lead to it being rather quiet. I have therefore decided to use my time effectively (maybe not in the comapanies eyes, however definitely in mine).

After a fair amount of career research I have a fair idea that I need to following:

BSc (Hon) Psychology (BPS accredited)
MSc – (Psychology based) (doesn’t need to be BPS accredited)
Advanced Microsoft Access
Advanced Microsoft Excel
Advanced SPSS

I have therefore found an online course which is free from Microsoft

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training-FX101782702.aspx

This appears to give me enough basic info which I can build on to advance myself, once I understand the concepts then I am pretty sure that I can teach myself with practice after that.

So today at work entails learning to use Microsoft Access which I have never used before. It’s actually pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment