Tuesday 24 January 2012

A Step Further

Writing this blog is definitely for my own benefit rather than anyone else’s. It give me the motivation to drive further when ‘laziness’ rears it’s ugly head and it gives me somewhere to ramble about things that interest me but probably nobody else.

I managed to complete chapter 3 of Book 1 for SD226 however I am pretty sure that I am not taking much in. Even though this course does not have an exam (which generally gives rise to understanding only what is required for each TMA) I think I am actually going to have to re-read all the biology bits in order to get it in to my head. Might try to find an interactive website to play with at work.

Yesterday at work proved to be a little dull and this morning is not looking much different so I think that I have enough information for the following for DSE212 TMA03:

Title – Written, not great but at least I have something to work with. I quite fancied something witty but I think I will stick with something to the point.

Abstract – Not written but the rule of experiment write up suggests this will flow when everything else has been completed.

Introduction – I have enough information to put in to this and the Research Methods book is fantastic enough to give me some structure.
(Basic structure: Discuss attention? – Discuss automatic processing – Discuss Stroop effect – Discuss the experiment. This is all in the Research Methods book anyway)

Results – I know that I need SD, Mean, Median and a t-test. A case of messing with SPSS tomorrow (day off) to complete these parts. I haven’t as of yet worked out how to create a double bar chart but I’m sure it won’t be rocket science.

Discussion – Discuss my findings with regards to previous and talk about limitations etc. This is in rough draft form so far so shouldn’t be too hard.

References: Hmmmm, 2 books.

Appendix – The biggest pain in the butt (at least I think so). Consists of: SPSS results sheet (I think that should be easy to attach), Consent forms (Annoying as I think each one will need to be scanned and somehow attached to the final TMA file. Stimuli (Hoping this shouldn’t be too hard)

BINGO – Simplz!!! Yeah yeah, I’m very thankful that my job has serious down time!!!

SD226 TMA01 – I need to print off the instructions and bed it in to my mind, not even going to touch on this for a few weeks – Not due till March 28th

DSE212 TMA04 – Due March 14th so I will jump on to this as soon as TMA03 is complete. It is pretty straight forward, another essay focussing on Memory Research (I’m choosing option B).

Films:

Blitz – Picked randomly to watch and it was pretty darn good. Based in London around a cop serial killer who’s hunted by Jason Staham (Aggressive issues). All actors very good. Rated 18 (language)

West is West – Follow up to East is East. Very good, the young lad Saj steals the show. Bit more serious in places that the first one but it still has some great comedy moments. Supposedly filmed in Pakistan however Wiki suggests it was actually India.

Day off tomorrow so my day will be: 90210 catch up, New Girl catch up, DSE TMA03!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment