Monday 23 January 2012

Interlude -

I am suspecting that the thought of another TMA involving experiments and seeing the first TMA for SD226 has freaked me because I haven’t picked up a book in a week! I’m not totally losing it because I am ahead of the game already but I REALLY need to get a move on with SPSS. It is looking like a t-test is the only test required for the TMA so I can cope with that. Wednesday is my day off this week so I am hiding away with junk food and numerous cups of tea so that I can press on and get this darn thing written.

Punters at work are short on the ground and I don’t think that target is going to be reached but all in all it is going well and fingers crossed I may actually stay here until it’s time to go to a real brick uni for the MSc.

During a quiet patch at work and a frustration with the online training for Microsoft Access, I discovered a site which allows you do complete practice S.A.T.S for US colleges (I do mean that I was very bored). I would be eligible for Ivy League based on my scores however £30k per year and 14 years too late changes that.

The Bridge – A film documentary about people who have jumped from Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco in a 12 month period. The other half and I clicked on it (Netflix) to watch the first 5 minutes (just to see what the score was) and were engrossed for the whole film. Very well written and very well presented although we were amused by a mother and daughter describing their daughter/sisters departure over the bridge in which the daughter rambled away with mother constantly correcting her and generally getting annoyed. I would rate this film (Yes, you will actually see people jump), it is not tasteless in any way, it is rather respectful.

Super High Me – Great concept, interesting results. Neither of us were a big fan of the guy doing it. He is a stand up comic in America who neither of us would ever go to see due to his monotone voice and he wasn’t very funny HOWEVER by the audience reactions, he appeals to someone.

Tonight we are thinking of starting the trilogy of The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo. Everyone raves about it and it’s worth a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment