Saturday 19 March 2011

Waiting for Results

I have no idea how long my first ED209 TMA is going to take to mark so I suspect much like DD101 it will be the end of the 2 weeks. Really need to get on with ED209 TMA02 especially as it appears to be rather straight forward also need to start reading and highlighting Book 2.

Boy toy has made me laugh today............ one of his ears is dry and flakey (nice, I know!!), he called me today to tell me that he thinks he knows what has caused it................ the radiation from his mobile phone!!! He is the conspiracy theory king.

Found a new pass time at work. Found a website which I can read 'Journal of Investigative Psychology and Offender Profiling' by David Canter, it's really interesting and definitely motivating me to press on with my studies.

Thinking about emailing the proffessor of the MSc in Investigative Psychology that I want to do to ask if there is anything I can do to increase my chances of acceptance on the course......... I know this is REALLY early days but at least it would give me time to do something about it. Apparently over 200 people apply for the 20 places which isn't good odds but I hope there are factors that might go in my favour although speculative: 1) A degree from Open University - this has to show that I am able to motivate myself and study off my own back whilst working full-time, 2) If I get accepted then I will hopefully have my voluntary experience with the police which although will probably be no more than answering the phone...... but you never know. I think the personal statement is going to be rather vital so will start working on that as I go along. I am well aware that I am being rather premature based on the fact that I wouldn't actually start till September 2015 but it is an awesome goal to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment