Saturday 9 April 2011

DD101 TMA05 Results

Finally my results are back however not sure they were really worth the wait. This is the lowest grade I have had so far and unless I hit gold with TMA06 and TMA07, I may only finish the module with a Pass 3. DD101 as I've mentioned before doesn't actually count towards my final degree mark but I would like to finish on a pass 2.

After my 2nd tutorial for ED209 and the advice on critical evaluation, I am going to take a totally different stance for TMA06 than previously thought and planned. Up until now I have been pretty much 'dumping' information in to my DD101 assignments so now it is time for a change. For TMA06 I am choosing the option of the question about migration and I am going to take a side and only use the evidence that supports my arguement. I know that this probably sounds like something I should have been doing from the start but my awesome ED209 tutor has really explained TMAs well and I now understand what should or shouldn't be in them.

I can now use DD101 to experiment on TMA structure as it will do no harm.

1 comment:

  1. My tutor says you need to weigh up the arguments from both sides, using the three tests -empirical adequacy, comprehensiveness and coherence- to evaulate their strengths. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete