Sunday 13 February 2011

A wet Sunday

Today is the first Sunday I've worked at new job which is going well by the way. Sundays are always a little hit and miss with footfall and today was a miss day. Have been struggling with a slight hangover today due a night of partying with the old folks and not getting home till gone 1am this morning.

Have managed to get through a fair chunk of the reading and highlighting for DD101 TMA07 and it has proved rather interesting especially the part about the troubles in Northern Ireland and the part I've just started in Piracy. There is a quote which pretty much sums up the claim that states are legitimate authorities as being impossible because basically if it were true then they wouldn't actually be needed at all which is a very interesting concept.

Recieved email from The OU which suggests it is time to start thinking about the future. Maybe a little premature but I have been looking at MScs and which Universities offer BPS accredited courses, I think my first choice would be University of Liverpool followed by University Of Surrey and then University of Middlesex, what I have discovered is that postgrad study is quite pricey and I haven't really got my head around scholarships and if funding is available. I thought there might be the option to work part-time whilst doing the MSc but this appears to be discouraged and after reading through the workload I think it is very much a case that your life is on hold for that year. I've also been looking at possible jobs after the MSc and am looking at the route of Crime Analyst although I suspect these are highly competitive positions.

Also after looking at module options on The OU website I am tempted to not bother with DSE232 which is an optional module and maybe look to do SXR208 - Observing The Universe. This may seem a little random but from what I have read about DSE232 it seems that people think it should just be linked in with DSE212 and it would be nice to add a little variety to the degree and maybe it's a little to do with spending a week in Mallorca in an observatory staring at the stars. Mind you at £770 for a 15 point course it will take a little thinking about!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment