Sunday 31 July 2011

Hello again

It's been a long while since my last update and this is total due to new boyfriend. It's been a month now and we are getting on very very well. Very similar people which works perfectly.

Today was a desolate Sunday at work but gave the time for a well needed ED209 catch up. TMA05 is due on Tuesday and it is coming along pretty well. Just need to spend tomorrow night writting the conclusion, editing and adding references which shouldn't take any longer than a few hours.

I got a sign from god (David Canter) today with regards to my seen question. I was going to do it on the culpability section but was honestly finding it hard to find all that many papers on it for the area I wanted. Today after doing what I needed to I picked up David Canter's Mapping Murder and there amongst the section on Jack The Ripper's diary was refernce to child witnesses in sex abuse cases. After a little research it appears that Canter himself has written a fair chunk on the area which means that I can use papers written by him within the Journal Of Investigative psychology within my seen question. Major plus side is that because it's from him, I am unlikely to forget it!!! Yey

Still no final result back from DD101 which is starting to grate a little. I can't write my reflection page until this comes back and it will feel like closing the book on it too.

DSE212 is my new course starting in October however and introductory page will open on August 2nd which is quite exciting and my books are being mailed on September 9th although I need to be focussed on ED209 Exam, TMA06 and Seen Question before I think about DSE212.

Got new Smartphone after loosing my last one on a rather drunken night out. It's not the most advanced phone out there by any means (LG T505) however I am finding it to be pretty user friendly and therefore it has been nicknamed the Dumbphone. Made for the technologically devoid.

Was totally shocked after seeing what OU are going to charge new students from 2012. Totally shocked.......... I love the way I learn with OU and it has proved better than any brick uni that I've been to but £15,000 for a degree............. £2,500 per 60 point module............ How in the name of education can they see fit to charge this. Yes, I know that brick uni's are going to be £21,000 (assuming they charge the max) but this is OU and I really can't see how £15,000 is the right amount to charge and how they actually can justify it. I suppose time will tell and I am so glad that I started when I did else there is no way that I would be paying that amount!!! I'm freaking out about paying £5,000 for my Masters without the costing of living expenses!!!!

Off out with other half tonight....... Has to be an improvement on last night when I got round, he started a film and I was asleep 30 minutes later. Doh

No comments:

Post a Comment